Deliforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deligirls delichicks delizombies forum and news about Journey the all american band and frontman Arnel Pineda

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

16th (8/03/2008) ATLANTA!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! Empty
PostSubject: 16th (8/03/2008) ATLANTA!   16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:05 pm

/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA
Argus Argus
Admin and Avatar
Frontiers

Loc: NanoGunk Village, Second Life® Reviews 8/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA

Capacity 6,900

SOLD OUT!!!

Edited by Argus (07/14/08 01:34 AM)

~*~ Please behave before I have to slap you naked and hide your clothes! ~*~

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify

#150826 - 08/03/08 06:29 PM Re: 8/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: Argus]
jhunt1572 jhunt1572
Journey

Posts: 2 Atlanta LOVES Cheap Trick! Played to an almost full house!!!!! Left us wanting more!

More later!

#151281 - 08/04/08 01:15 AM Re: 8/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: Argus]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Sold out!!! Thank you Atlanta you guys ROCKS!

#151337 - 08/04/08 03:40 AM Re: 8/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

If they can sell out 20,000, what is 6,900?

#151367 - 08/04/08 05:32 AM Re: 8/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: Anonymous]
jhunt1572 jhunt1572
Journey

Fully packed house and the place was rockin'! The Wilson sisters blew us all away.

But, Atlanta WORSHIPS JOURNEY! This is not the same Journey that played here in 2006 as an opening act. This was Journey on Rocket Fuel!!!! Not just steroids!

AP? Un freakin' believable! To quote another....."Holy S...!" Hit every high note, while being everywhere. A pure joy to watch.
And yes, the place erupted when AP hit the extra hight note at the end of Separate Ways!

Jon, Ross, Deen and Neal? Spot on and all on FIRE!!! Saw a LOT of surprised faces on the new songs. They may have been sitting....but the were listening. The new songs sound even better live if that's possible.

BTW, Journey's mix was exceptional tonight. Don't know what they did, but it was awesome! Took my 9 and 14 year old tonight. Taking my 5 and 6 year old plus mother n law to B'Ham next weekend! Can't let them miss this Rock History in the making!

Do whatever it takes to see this show! I will never forget it!

#151448 - 08/04/08 07:30 AM Re: 8/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: Argus]
Alanna Alanna
Unregistered

I've been a journey fan since the 70's and was anxious to hear the new singer - but last night was AWESOME!! Arnel did a great job - what energy! I could tell the entire crowd was waiting when they came out for the 1st song. Waiting to hear the old songs w/ the new voice - but once he started singing - the crowd was hooked! The band - awesome as usual and didn't expect anything less. Love the new song too, glad you're keeping the journey sound alive!

#151476 - 08/04/08 07:55 AM Re: 8/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Why Cheap Trick? Are you kidding?

#151580 - 08/04/08 09:19 AM Re: 8/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: Anonymous]
shaton70 shaton70
Journey

Posts: 23 OK. It looks like the task of giving the setlist is mine. Here goes (there is one song that I did not recognize, sorry):

1. Instrumental intro (short)
2. Never Walk Away
3. Only the Young
4. Short Neal guitar solo then Stone In Love
5. Ask the Lonely
6. After All These Years
7. Separate Ways
8. Lights
9. Jon Cain piano that led to Open Arms
10. Don't Stop Believing
11. Faithfully (very emotional rendition I almost cried)
12. Rubicon
13. Wildest Dream
14. Mandolin and Harmonica with NS/JC
15. Wheel In The Sky
16. Any Way You Want It
Encore
17. Escape? (sorry, not familiar with the song but it was great)
18. Loving, Touching, Squeezing

I'll share more about the experience later. For now, just want to say, YES THE JOURNEY BOYS ARE ALL THE SUPERLATIVES YOU CAN THINK OF, AND YES, ARNEL IS WOHOOO HOOO GREAT!!!!! It's true, his vocals got both tremendous power and soul that talks to your heart.

Best musical experience I've ever had. Thank you Journey! Georgians from 5 to 75 were ROCKING (95-98% Caucasian). JOURNEY WILL ALWAYS BE ON MY MIND.

I'll try to post pictures and vids ASAP.

#151583 - 08/04/08 09:22 AM Re: 8/3/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi I was wondering if anyone that went to the concert knew who introduced the bands. Im pretty sure it was a girl. Did anyone catch her name
Back to top Go down
http://modceleste.com/Dz.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: REVIEWS FROM JOURNEY FORUM !!!!   16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Originally Posted By: AnonymousARGUS: WENT TO CHASTAIN AMPHITHEATRE WEB SITE AND IT SAYS CONCERT FOR
TONIGHTS SHOW 08/04/08 IS SOLD OUT. PLS. CONFIRM OR PUT THE RED SOLD OUT SIGN ON THE TOUR GUIDE SECTION. THANKS.

All web-based sites do not offer tickets online the day of the show. Waiting for Official Confirmation.

#152650 - 08/04/08 11:28 PM Re: 8/4/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: Argus]
pyh pyh
Journey

Posts: 3 ARNEL SHIRTLESS!!! Been lurking around here everyday for several months now and decided to post today. Went to the concert yesterday and today at the Chastain Amphitheatre. Yesterday's seating was back center but today's seat was in the front left box which is very good. Cheap trick was fun to watch. They were funny and entertaining. Heart was still very good. Ann can still belt out all those high notes.
As for Journey, OMG!!! they rocked the house. Arnel's voice was so powerful. Not sure where he got all those power from for such a little guy. He is so much better live. Those Youtube clips can't compare to the real thing. He was very cute and adorable, and boy, does he have a lot of hair. Didn't write down the setlist.
Anyway, us lucky Atlantans got to see Arnel shirtless tonight. During Any Way You Want It, he teased a few times like he was going to take off his t-shirt, and finally he took off his shirt. Everyone went wild. He threw the t-shirt to a lady in front row. He continued to run around and dance with no shirt on until the end of the song. I was hoping to hear Turn Down The World Tonight as a surprise, but I think we got a better surprise. Arnel Shirtless. He was looking so fine with a six pack. Just talking about it is getting me hot. I think I just gave a way that I'm a female. For a moment there, I forgot my husband was next to me. Okay, gotta go to sleep now.
Will probably be posting from now on. I'm a big Journey fan and especially, now that Arnel is in the band. There's no doubt, he belong with that band.

#152687 - 08/05/08 12:44 AM Re: 8/4/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: pyh]
Argus Argus
Admin and Avatar
Frontiers

Loc: NanoGunk Village, Second Life® Please add your review of the show you attended by replying to the topic that has the date in the Topic Header in the Review Section of these Forums. All reviews are subject to approval.

#152696 - 08/05/08 01:04 AM Re: 8/4/2008 Chastain Atlanta, GA [Re: pyh]
rmew14 rmew14
Look Into The Future

Posts: 31 Yes, tonight's show was awesome!!!! I was front row dead center thanks to ILAA, and loved every minute of the show. I was right there for the entire Arnel thing, so I can tell the whole story that might not have been seen by those in the back. He was not teasing the audience, he was actually focused on one young lady who wished to trade shirts with him. She pulled off her shirt(much more appealing for this male fan!), and tossed her shirt on stage to him. He then took off his shirt and tossed it to her so that she did not have to wander about the place in a state of undress that would get her arrested! It was a true rock and roll moment. Since my typing skills, well, stink, I am just going to post a picture of the setlist, rather than do all of that typing. Also posting a few pics. Hope everyone enjoys! Tonight I was the only one to keep my total 5 star package! Still had a great time...the band was really awsome by signing 3 things for me, and including guitar pics from everyone! Thanks also go out to Jeff from ILAA! This was a great suprise, and certainly neither Jeff nor Journey had to do this..I am truly grateful to everyone! For those of you who have posted that Journey doesn't care about their fans you are now proven wrong! They do care, and they have proven it to me, not through the material things that I received, but just by being kind enough to do it, when honestly they were not obligated to do anything. Alright now, I'll jump back off of my soapbox, and go to sleep now, as Bob Seger would say, with amplifiers ringing in my head!
Back to top Go down
http://modceleste.com/Dz.html
busilakbu

busilakbu

PostSubject: Journey on CNN news.to.me on Sat/Sun (Aug 9 &10)   16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:25 am

http://ntm.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/05/lovin-touchin-squeezin-news-to-men-with-journey/

August 5, 2008

Taking the stage with Journey!

16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! Gal.eric.smile
in the picture above: Eric can’t believe he’s on-stage with Journey’s Neal Schon and new lead singer Arnel Pineda

Sunday night had to be one of the coolest shoots we’ve ever done… at least for a group of “30-somethings” with fond horribly awkward memories of middle school dances, parachute pants, sleeveless graphic tees, and haircuts that can only be called the “feathered - butt cut - mullet“!

That’s right people! We shot the Journey concert!!!

You may wonder why we were there in the first place. They have an amazing story to share! One of the most successful bands in the history of rock & roll found their new lead singer on YouTube!

Yeah, I know right! We had to find out how and why!

And if you think this is just one more old rock & roll band trying to make a lame comeback, I urge you to THINK AGAIN! Journey BROUGHT THE HOUSE DOWN!!!
And guess what? Apparently Atlanta rocks harder than any other city they’ve been to! Who knew?

Band members Neal Schon, Jonathan Cain, Ross Valory, Deen Castronovo, and new frontman Arnel Pineda (check out Arnel’s cinderella journey from the Philippines to lead singer of one of the most iconic rock bands ever!) did not disappoint the fans.

The Journey songs you remember from the radio SOUNDED JUST LIKE the Journey songs you remember from the radio - BUT LIVE!

And while these guys had long since achieved “rock idol status” they are still the most down-to-Earth guys and made us feel comfortable and welcome.

That goes for their production manager Tim, their manager John, and all the “roadies”. Y’all rocked too!

They gave us unlimited access backstage, from the dressing room to the catering, and even allowed us to shoot on-stage during the whole show! (That never happens!)

16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! Gal.sound.check
in the picture above: Teague and Gerald shooting sound check as Journey’s Neal Schon and Arnel Pineda try work out the kinks… THERE WERE NO KINKS!

Check out Eric gushing as Jonathan Cain gives him the history of Journey’s best balads and how they came to be PLUS the rest of our “journey” with Journey!

So after shooting the sound-check, sitting down with the band, there we were, backstage with our “all access” bad-selves, seconds away from watching friggin’ Journey take the stage!!!

16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! Gal.eric.neal.arnel
in the picture above: Eric backstage with Journey’s Neal Schon and Arnel Pineda

Seriously, the energy at Chastain Park Amphitheatre (GREAT VENUE!) was incredible! They came out huddled, up off-stage, put their hands together, and with a rowsing yell the band headed out on-stage and got the music going before Arnel’s crowd-electrifying entrance!

And in between all the songs I knew and loved and the new songs that are “classic Journey” came all these thoughts about what we were witnessing…

You know what I love most about Journey is the fact that they were there for the birth of the “MTV generation” and while the music industry has changed drastically, music television has no more music, and old bands have tried to reinvent themselves for the times… Journey has remained true to themselves and more importantly, their fans whose own memories live in their songs.

The only thing that’s changed about Journey are the tools (Journey on MySpace - Journey in Second Life) they use to continue making the music that made them famous.

And as quickly as our day with Journey started, it finally ended with us on-stage in the wings, as Journey played on… “One night will remind you - How we touched - And went our separate ways…”

DON’T FORGET TO WATCH OUR “JOURNEY” WITH JOURNEY - THIS SATURDAY & SUNDAY 7:30PM - 9:30PM - 12:30AM - 5:50AM ET ON CNN HEADLINE NEWS!

Posted by: Producer Aaron Rustom
Filed under: Behind the Scenes • Extras • Shoots
Back to top Go down
http://janelvl.blogspot.com
chooch

chooch

PostSubject: Re: 16th (8/03/2008) ATLANTA!   16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sa+YT--+Journey-Atlanta+8-4-08+Pt+11&search_type=&aq=-1&oq=

ATLANTA VIDS...ito na yung hubad na papi...whaaaaaaaaaaaa...teka di ko pa lahat napa nood, lol! lol!

flower cherry cherry Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
luna

luna

PostSubject: Re: 16th (8/03/2008) ATLANTA!   16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16th (8/03/2008) ATLANTA!   16th  (8/03/2008) ATLANTA! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

16th (8/03/2008) ATLANTA!
Page 1 of 1