Deliforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deligirls delichicks delizombies forum and news about Journey the all american band and frontman Arnel Pineda

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

07/12/08 3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV Empty
PostSubject: 07/12/08 3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:58 am

Post your review only if you actually attended the concert.. or postreviews from any websites (mainly Journeymusic.com) , not to forget mentioning the source in your credits!

Thanks!
afro
Back to top Go down
http://modceleste.com/Dz.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: JFORUM POSTS! LAKE TAHOE, NEVADA!   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 am

Please add your review of the show you attended by replying to the topic that has the date in the Topic Header in the Review Section of these Forums. All reviews are subject to approval.

SOLD OUT!!

#123515 - 07/13/08 01:21 AM Re: 7/12/2008 Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV [Re: Argus]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice show, as usual .i really hated the fact that they show geometric figures nd stuff because people paid 2 see the band not the graphics, especially the people from the farther seATS!
Back to top Go down
luna

luna

PostSubject: setlist is in   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:27 am

Revelation
NWA
Only The Young
Stone In Love
Ask The Lonely
ATTY
Separate Ways
Change For The Better
Send Her My Love
Lights
Open Arms
DSB
Chain Reaction
Wildest Dream\
Harmonica and Guitar
Wheel In The Sky
Be Good To Yourself
AWYWI
Escape
LTS
Faithfully

source: muziklvr and trixie of jf
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: jforum reviews!   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 1:16 pm

OUR PAPI WATCHED BY HOLLYWOOD CELEBS!!! WOOHOO!

They have a large video screen that they didn't use. Why? Not sure. I was told be the crew that it takes nearly six to seven hours to get the screen and video up and running. I know they arrived late from Salt Lake City show the previous evening, so that may have had something to do with it. Plus, it isn't a huge venue, so maybe they had n where to put it?

But weren't the bands awesome?

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify

#124034 - 07/13/08 11:28 AM Re: 7/12/2008 Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Great Show ! Arnel has the stamina of a 20 year old and his voice never faltered. The crowd was fantastic and really appreciated the great tunes as they rolled them out one by one. "After All These Years " is quickly becoming one of my personal favorites.
Thanks again guys for a terrific show ! You guys ROCK the Lake !
God Bless.

#124040 - 07/13/08 11:34 AM Re: 7/12/2008 Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV [Re: Argus]
roycap roycap
Journey

Posts: 2 I would like to know if Tony Romo was there. He is a huge fan and is playing in a golf tourney there this weekend. Of course, Jessica is with him.

#124085 - 07/13/08 12:12 PM Re: 7/12/2008 Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

I went to the show last night at Harvey's in South Lake Tahoe.The show was the best ever!!! I drove from Santa Cruz to Tahoe and it was well worth the five hour drive. Arnel Peneda was fun to watch on stage. Very energetic. I loved how the audience sang along. To top things off I got the chance to shake Arnel's hand. He is a very nice guy.I think he will go very far with the band. Great show guys!!!!
I just wished that I brought my camera.
Jenn Wolf

#124094 - 07/13/08 12:24 PM Re: 7/12/2008 Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV [Re: roycap]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Tony was there with his main squeeze - Jessica Simpson. Her sister was there as well. Jeremy Roenick (past NHL star) was seen as well. I know there was a lot of other celeb's, but I honestly couldn't recognize some of them.

It was a really cool environment for a concert.

#124107 - 07/13/08 12:39 PM Re: 7/12/2008 Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

I was fortunate enough to meet Journey during a meet and greet before Heart came on. These guys are awesome. Very eager to meet the fans. Arnel is one heck of a guy and all I can say is WOW can that kid sing. I've seen many many shows in my lifetime and this one was by far one of the best I have seen. The song selection and the energy of the band was what made it so good. This is a rebirth peeps.....don't miss this tour and don't miss out on their newer music. Great show guys....thanks for bringing it to Tahoe.

Back to top Go down
selfdual

PostSubject: YT video   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:58 pm

From Tahoe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzUJkAPwtnc

I hope more people will upload.
Back to top Go down
luna

luna

PostSubject: Journey rocks tahoe- blog   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:01 pm

http://allegedlyspeaking.com/2008/07/13/journey-rocks-tahoe/

« George Carlin Week - Day 5 |
Journey Rocks Tahoe!

Well we’re back from Tahoe and I’m glad to report that the Journey Revelation Tour was well worth the the 3 and half hour drive and price of admission(I would’ve paid more if I had to). Lake Tahoe was the 3rd stop of the tour that has bands Cheap Trick and Heart opening the show with each of their own sets. The concert was held at Harvey’s (soon to be Caesar’s Lake Tahoe next year) Amphitheater as part of their outdoor summer concert series.

This was a good ol’ 80’s concert at its best, right down to the last lit Zippo swaying slowly from left to right. We also got to see Journey’s new lead singer Arnel Pineda for the first time, and he was fantastic. The highlight of the show for me was when Arnel introduced the song about the Bay Area called “Lights” by saying it was about his new hometown, San Francisco. The crowd, mostly from the Bay Area, went nuts. Not only does he have a powerful voice, but he runs and jumps around the stage with so much energy it makes you tired for him. I don’t think Steve Perry’s surgically repaired hip would allow him to fly around the stage like that anymore. Also, alot has been said about Arnel sounding just like Steve, but I disagree since I think it’s not too hard to tell them apart. However, they do seem to sing in the same vocal range. To Steve’s credit, he added a touch of drama the way he sang those classics so seriously, where Arnel is just having fun performing in the same dramatic style. But let’s face it, there’s really only one way to sing those classic Journey songs and whoever has had that lead spot in the past has always been compared to Steve. For me, the best thing about Pineda is that you feel confident that he’s gonna hit all those difficult high notes, wheras for Steve you just don’t know if he’s gonna hit that high note for your show or not.

Lead Singer Comparison-Steve Perry/Steve Augeri/Arnel Pineda

I actually listened to this without seeing the video and thought Pineda was Perry at one point, so I think I’ll have to take back what I said above and say that it IS hard to tell them apart.

Back to top Go down
chooch

chooch

PostSubject: Re: 07/12/08 3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 6:18 am

luna wrote:
http://allegedlyspeaking.com/2008/07/13/journey-rocks-tahoe/

« George Carlin Week - Day 5 |
Journey Rocks Tahoe!

Well we’re back from Tahoe and I’m glad to report that the Journey Revelation Tour was well worth the the 3 and half hour drive and price of admission(I would’ve paid more if I had to). Lake Tahoe was the 3rd stop of the tour that has bands Cheap Trick and Heart opening the show with each of their own sets. The concert was held at Harvey’s (soon to be Caesar’s Lake Tahoe next year) Amphitheater as part of their outdoor summer concert series.

This was a good ol’ 80’s concert at its best, right down to the last lit Zippo swaying slowly from left to right. We also got to see Journey’s new lead singer Arnel Pineda for the first time, and he was fantastic. The highlight of the show for me was when Arnel introduced the song about the Bay Area called “Lights” by saying it was about his new hometown, San Francisco. The crowd, mostly from the Bay Area, went nuts. Not only does he have a powerful voice, but he runs and jumps around the stage with so much energy it makes you tired for him. I don’t think Steve Perry’s surgically repaired hip would allow him to fly around the stage like that anymore. Also, alot has been said about Arnel sounding just like Steve, but I disagree since I think it’s not too hard to tell them apart. However, they do seem to sing in the same vocal range. To Steve’s credit, he added a touch of drama the way he sang those classics so seriously, where Arnel is just having fun performing in the same dramatic style. But let’s face it, there’s really only one way to sing those classic Journey songs and whoever has had that lead spot in the past has always been compared to Steve. For me, the best thing about Pineda is that you feel confident that he’s gonna hit all those difficult high notes, wheras for Steve you just don’t know if he’s gonna hit that high note for your show or not.

Lead Singer Comparison-Steve Perry/Steve Augeri/Arnel Pineda

I actually listened to this without seeing the video and thought Pineda was Perry at one point, so I think I’ll have to take back what I said above and say that it IS hard to tell them apart.

WOW thanks for the reviews!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

flower cherry cherry Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
luna

luna

PostSubject: YT links- so far.   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Back to top Go down
luna

luna

PostSubject: Jessica simpson is here   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 5:18 am

Back to top Go down
luna

luna

PostSubject: JESSICA SIMPSON'S JOURNEY ESCAPADE FEATURED IN MSN ENTERTAINMENT   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:34 pm

http://music.msn.com/music/hotgossip/7-14-08/?GT1=28101

In other uvula-polishing news, it appears Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo have worked through their issues and are now making up for lost touchy-feely time. Not only did the New York Post recently spy them at the Key Club in Los Angeles making out "against a wall," but they were also feeling frisky while taking in the power chord-heavy song stylings of Journey at a concert in Lake Tahoe on Saturday night. People says the rumor-plagued lovebirds snuggled up during "Open Arms," with the cue-taking quarterback getting behind the starlet, who was clad in a cleavage-strained minidress, and wrapping his own arms around her. flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 07/12/08 3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV   07/12/08  3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

07/12/08 3rd: Harvey's Lake Resort Lake Tahoe, NV
Page 1 of 1