Deliforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deligirls delichicks delizombies forum and news about Journey the all american band and frontman Arnel Pineda

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

23rd! 08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

23rd!   08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ  Review Empty
PostSubject: 23rd! 08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ Review   23rd!   08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ  Review I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:48 pm

Post reviews for this concert only. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://modceleste.com/Dz.html
busilakbu

busilakbu

PostSubject: Re: 23rd! 08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ Review   23rd!   08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ  Review I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:36 am

Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
PaulJ
Journey
First review!
My husband and I just got back from Camden. It was packed and everyone were on their feet.
Arnel was awesome. Arnel, thanks for joining Journey.

Thanks for tonight-- it was our anniversary date. You made our night so memorable.
video to follow.

#176225 - 27/08/08 12:33 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
CantTimTheLion
Evolution
Loc: Philly, PA

Where Did I Lose YOu Love? How about in Camden tonight. WOO HOO! Another Revelation song added to the set list. AND! Another fantastic show. They opened with Never Walk Away, but no Majestic tonight.

Got to see Cheap Trick this time, and gotta say, they were very good. Skipped Heart's performance to watch the Phillies for a couple of innings.
Then the guys Rocked the S Center.

#176234 - 27/08/08 12:42 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
PaulJ
Journey
Video as promised-
It did not come out very well. Arnel sang it so beautifully and I did not do justice... \:\(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF3dichDwGc
You tube - Journey Open Arms in Camden August 26, 2008

#176253 - 27/08/08 12:56 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
larazadelsol
Look Into The Future
Loc: NEW JERSEY
We hate to Brag But CAMDEN BUT- ROCKED TONIGHT!!! Cheap Trick started things off with a decent performance whose highlights included: I want you (to want me), Surrender, The Flame & Dream Police (joined on stage by Jonathan Cain) and then came THE BEST Female Fronted rock group in the world EVER- Heart. Their Set was Smokin hot from beginning to end; Wild Child, Magic Man, Never, Straight On, These Dreams,Alone, A version of the Who'S Love Rein O ver Me (which rocked the place to the foundations!!! one of the best performances of the evening- Ann was just was white hot on this-simply jaw dropping), Barracuda, The Battle Of Evermore & finally Crazy On You. Heart has never sounded better and with Nancys incredible guitar playing & Along with Anns absolutely STUNNING vocals definately got the night off to an AWSOME Start. Infact to follow Incredible Performance by Heart& when it was time for Journey to come to the stage fans KNEW after Better be Prepared to Bring IT and ROCK it out and Boy did they EVER. The Set List: Never Walk Away, Only The Young, Stone In Love, Change For the Better, Ask The Lonley, After All these Years, Lights, Escape, Open Arms, Dead Or Alive (they somked on this!!), Faithfully, Where Did I Lose Your Love (YES!!! ), Jonathan/Neil Solo,Wheel in The Sky, Dont Stop Beliven, Be Good to yourself & Any Way you Want it. From the time they tood the stage you KNEW this lineup of Journey was special indeed. I have been a fan of this band for over 30 years and have seen them in all thier line ups and I have to say I have not heard them play with such an ELECTRICITY since the Frontiers Tour in 1983!!! You could tell by the smiles on all the band members faces that they were enjoying performing once again. Arnel took control of the Stage. He worked it from end to end something not seen since Mr perry had left the band. Arnel just didnt run from one end to the other he PLAYED for the audience high fiving fans spreading the electricity thru out the entire place- he is infectious, energetic & a consumate confident shoman. As for his vocals all I can say it wow. I just wish Journey could have found him 10 years ago. Arnel brings a fire & passionate soulfulness to the songs that I have not heard since the early 80's. As for Neil, Jonathan, Ross and Deen, they rocked harder than they have in years. They were tight and Spot on and you could feel it in their playing, their interactions on stage & the fans that they were loving every minute of it (need I say Neil just Shredded & nearly melted the guitar!! )Journey as indeed found its Groove Again. What makes this special now they are playing new material,pulling some special gems from their catalog, changing sters every night and not sticking to the Vegas Reivew Just the so Called Greatest Hits - Mixing it up & just not going thru the motions & doing the same thing night after night!! If you were looking for just the hits well you came to the wrong place- go see a Journey tribute band for all your AOR fix and live in the past, but if you want to see the real deal and what Journey is doing now and rocking like they havent in a very long time- this was a Great place to be indeed. IMHO the Revelation Tour only ranks second to the Frontiers Tour (heck they palyed over 2 & 1/2 hours then) and for what they accomplished in tonights 1 &1/2 hour performance was nothing less than spectacular indeed. I cant wait till they come around again - maybe a second leg and it will be an entire Evening with Journey and no openers. The band finally has its fire and passion back and I cant wait to hear more great music from them and see them again & again . Heres Looking into the future & its never been brighter!!!

#176277 - 27/08/08 01:12 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
smlltwngrl
Journey
Loc: small town

Just back from THE show & must say it was GREAT! Missed Cheap Trick due to traffic, but caught Heart - not disappointed, boy can those girls ROCK! Makes me wanna be a Rock Star!!!
Journey took the stage about 9:20 & played until about 10:44, returned 2 minutes later for a 1 song encore (we sooo wanted more)for a total of about 1hr & 36 minutes - maybe next time just 1 opening act & you guys can play a little longer, maybe? I could listen to you guys play all night long!
Journey looked good, I really enjoyed the big screens - though I would have much preferred to see Neal's awesome fret work on Dead or Alive instead of the "movie". Played a lot of new songs - played quite a few from Escape/Frontiers, great memories there!

Set List (To the best of my ability)
Never Walk Away
Only the Young
Guitar solo - sounded quite a bit like Revelation (?)
Stone in Love
Change For the Better
Ask the Lonely
After All These Years
Separate Ways
Lights - Thanks Neal, couldn't help thinking about my Dad with this one!
Piano Solo
Open Arms
Escape - nice surprise
Faithfully
Where Did I Lose Your Love
Dead or Alive - glad to hear this one
Harmonica & guitar piece
Wheel In the Sky
Don't Stop Believing
Be Good to Yourself
End of Set
Any Way You Want It - Encore

Great show - glad to have you back!
Sound was fine on the lawn, lights/screens working fine.
Only complaints:
1. Really would have loved to see Neal's fast fingers - particularly on Dead or Alive
2. Older material? ie. Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' or Do You Recall
3. Only 1 song for an encore - you guys are a bunch of teases!

Thanks for a great time - Arnel, Neal sorry to hear about your losses of family/friends, my heart goes out to you.
PEACE

#176279 - 27/08/08 01:16 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a great show. Guys it's great to see you again after the layoff. Great set alot of energy Arnel your performance was great. Neal you again you prove why the word radical was invented. Deen as always you rocked!! Jonathan your skills on the keyboards is what legends are made of. Ross great show you rocked. To be honest the new material is pretty good one observation would be why not add wildest dreams? Its kicks more then change for the better. It's a good song but wildest dreams would had more pop. Thanks as always for the great time and look forward again to enjoy another great Journey show. Rock on and thanks agian for the escape

Joeace1

#176287 - 27/08/08 01:28 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
cherirose
Infinity
I just got back from the packed Susquehanna. Everything seemed just great!

I had the time of my life. I'm so proud that Camden rocked the house not only with Journey and Heart but also with Cheap Trick. hhhhmmm honestly, I thought they were good.

I will write a longer review tomorrow when I'm more sane. My legs are sore. I don't know why. Maybe from not using this human invention called a chair? This is just one experience of a lifetime. I'm groggy and so ready to sleep.

grrrrr I am sleepy and ready for bed but my mind won't stop talking. okay, tomorrow.

#176459 - 27/08/08 02:18 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The concert was awesome - all that I expected and more. I have seen Journey many, many times since 1999 when they were first with Steve Augeri. Never before have I seen the band have such enthusiasm and energy!!! It was like Arnel has given them all a major boost - they are smiling more, interacting with the crowd more, and just generally looking like they're having the time of their lives. It was great to see!!! We missed Cheap Trick - traffic was a nightmare. Heart was very good - the songs that I knew were great, and even the songs that I didn't know, I enjoyed very much. I was glad to see that security was out in full force for this show - one guard near us kept continually checking people's tickets to make sure they were sitting in the right spots - I'm sure that gets old for her pretty quick, but she was doing a great job. The one thing that was very sad to see was how many thoroughly drunk people there were. What frightens me is to know that to have a good time, people have to get sloshed...and then they drive!!!! For those of us that are responsible, it's terrible to know that you're about to share the road with thousands of drunk idiots. I know everyone wants to have a good time and enjoy themselves, but can't that be done with just one or two drinks??? Why does it have to be 3, 4, or 5 beers...The Susquehanna Bank Center seemed to have no problem selling alcohol. There didn't seem to be any sort of limit as to how much people could buy. I know at the one food stand, it said you could only purchase two drinks at a time, but that didn't limit the number of times you could come back and purchase two at a time. Pretty soon, we had blundering idiots all around us, falling over chairs, unable to walk without holding onto someone, and generally being obnoxious. I wonder if any of you out there who were there tonight feel the same way about this as I do........ Anyway, the show itself was fabulous. We're seeing it again Thursday 8/28 at Hershey and we can't wait!!! Only thing missing was MOTHER FATHER. I sure do wish they'd put that back in their repertoire of hits. Well, it's off to bed for me...I'm still replaying the night in my mind and I'm sure I'll dream of it for many nights to come. Long live JOURNEY!!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Fantastic show. Unbelievable how Journey just went from one song to another with not even a minute between songs. Non-stop, almost two hour show, and that was after great sets by Cheap Trick and Heart. Journey is a new band. Saw them ~3 or 4 years ago in the Bay Area with their #2 or #3 (?) lead singer + the show was terrible -- no energy, bad vocals, all around a complete disappointment. Now - with Arnel - Journey is not only back, but energized like I've never seen a band perform. Arnel's energy really does seem to have a profoundly positive effect on the audience as well as on the other band members. Awesome!

#176666 - 27/08/08 02:59 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agreed - great concert + yes, also surprised by the number of people sloshed. Early in the week + relatively early show + people were falling down drunk. I saw a couple of folks asleep/passed out before Journey even came on + a bunch of folks being carried out of the show by their friends when it was all over. Ridiculousness... Didn't bother us though. Show was phenomenal.

#176890 - 27/08/08 08:43 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

AWESOME !! Second time around(PNC) but just as great. NEAL your amazing. Would love to see a solo like the old days, just you and the crowd buddy. I think they should save Dont Stop Believin for the encore because i would say about 25% of the people left after that song. I'm assuming since it was a work night they were trying to beat the traffic. Same thing at the PNC.
Thinking about Hershey to make it 3 shows for the year. Got to get my fill...

Cliff from princeton

#176897 - 27/08/08 09:07 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great concert, but why no Lovin' Touchin' Squeezing?

#176907 - 27/08/08 09:31 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The concert was a HIT!!! Cheaptrick was good...Heart was great.. and JOURNEY was the BOMB!!! Was satisfied but wish they played longer. Arnel was incredible. Finally, saw him and the whole band in person. I was standing the whole time. My ears are still ringing. My husband and I was just mad about this guy behind us cursing after each time a song is done. I think he is a hardcore SP fan that cannot accept that Journey finally found somebody that can finallt at rest. I was just wondering that if he felt that way.. why did he not leave the show. He stayed the whole time and cursing just to let all his frustrations and fears go. He saw people enjoying and applauding .. and if made him sad for SP and himself. But anyhow... totally awesome show. I will see them again. BOught Tshirt for 35 bucks..on our way home ...people selling them for 10$.

Edited by Argus (28/08/08 01:42 AM)

#176912 - 27/08/08 09:42 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered
I'm going to the Nissan Pavillion concert tonight and I just can't wait to see all 3 bands perform. I've been reading the reviews since their European tour and the U.S. tour and I can't believe that tonight is finally the night for me to see Journey with Arnel P. Sorry Argus for not signing in. I'll sign in later tonight when I post a review of tonight's concert at Nissan.
Back to top Go down
http://janelvl.blogspot.com
busilakbu

busilakbu

PostSubject: Re: 23rd! 08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ Review   23rd!   08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ  Review I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:44 am

#176970 - 27/08/08 11:14 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
Manila2Philly
Unregistered

Watched the Journey concert last night at Camden. Excellent! Well worth it. Weather was nice and we had lawn seats. The sound was perfect. The band is just as strong as ever and they sound very good! Also enjoyed Heart and Cheaptrick!

#177067 - 28/08/08 01:02 AM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW!!!!!! What a performance!!!!! Heart was in rare form!!!! These two gals(The Wilson Sisters) have got such tremendous charisma. Nancy had such incredible energy and drive. I love her totally unique style and the way she jumps around while playing!! These gals are getting younger, not older. And for Journey- What can a man say that has been following them since the first album in 1975? What a pleasure to see one of the all time great original guitarists from the 70's melt his fretboard right in front of your eyes!!!! I would like to thank Journey for changing the set list a little more than usual and for playing "Where Did I Lose Your Love". The new album Revelation is Awesome and the only way people are going to learn the new music is by hearing it!!! I know it goes over many people's heads and I would really like to let the band know that it was great to see them take the chance and get it out there to us. Also, I am detoxing off a methadone program that I have been on for 18 years and "Change For The Better" is my theme song. Opiate withdrawal can be very tough and this song has helped me reduce my dosage from 120 mg to 15 mg!!! Now, How's that for some inspiration?? Thank you guys. I LOVE YOU ALL.

#177226 - 28/08/08 03:43 AM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
jcjrn94
Look Into The Future
Loc: PA, USA

Woke up late this morning and rushed to get my son to school. My husband woke up late, as well. We arrived home from Philly to Reading, PA at around 2 am this morning. I felt bad coz my husband only had a few hours sleep and my 2 children had several interrupted sleep during the night. My wonderful husband told our 7 yr-old son yesterday that “this is mama’s day and she needs to have fun.” He is right; the concert is just what I needed. I am so blessed to have a wonderful family!

Tuesday, the day of the concert, I went to a 7-hr class in Lancaster, PA. My husband got the whole family ready for our trip to Philly @ 4:30 pm. We arrived at my parent’s house @ 6 pm, headed off to Camden @ 6:20 pm. My husband took care of our 2 children (my awesome husband!) while mama went to a Journey concert with her parents and cousin. We crossed the bridge to Camden, NJ and the traffic was not so bad. Police were everywhere re-directing traffic. My dad missed a turn but thanks to the officer who told us to turn around the other way. Paid $15.00 for parking and walked a few blocks to SBC. Thankfully, we parked where we parked coz we never had a problem getting out after the concert. It rained in some part of east PA the day before; however, the weather cooperated during the concert. There was a slight breeze and the night was perfect. Walked at the main parking lot and saw several fans tail gaiting and already getting drunk (hmmm?). Saw one guy with a sign stating, “Need Ticket.” I do not think it was sold out. There were a few empty seats in front of where we're seating. Arriving at the concert was uneventful (Thank, God).

Got to our seats (102 seats 9/10/11/12 - - 15 rows back from the stage DEAD CENTER!!!!! My mom, dad, and my cousin couldn’t believe how close we were from the stage. We can literally see the crew’s facial expressions during set-up and some were fooling around with each other. It was nice to see some of them having fun. I do wish I have their jobs. Imagine . . . touring with the boys. I wouldn’t mind just being the “towel girl” handing the boys their towels after the concert. Kudos to all the crew members.

Looked around and saw 7 to 74 yr-old (this would be my dad) fans present in the concert. It was nice to see that the band is attracting more of the younger generations. Saw a few of the older fans getting drunk. I was praying that I won’t be near any of them. Don’t want my night ruined. I sat next to a guy who kept his cool and was jamming from time to time. It made things easier, somebody won’t think I’m CRAZY when I sing and dance along with the band. There were about 10% of Filipinos seating on our section. I could tell behind us were packed.

Cheap Trick started @ 7:05 pm and it was great to hear them. I am not a fan but I love their song “The Flame.” Their sound was a bit louder than the other 2 bands but they sure entertained some of us. Jonathan came out and jammed with them in the end. He is so handsome (and so very tan) and looks great. Jon smiled the whole time made him all the more handsome. There were still a lot of empty chairs at our section during this time.

Heart started at 8pm and performed till 9pm. I am a great fan!!! I was just in awe listening to Ann sing while her sister, Nancy, plays her tricks with her guitar (not just one but 3-4 other guitars + the harmonica). Where did Ann get that voice!! I remember listening to their music during my high school days. Nothing has changed; they are still the same sisters that I listened to but better (made me feel and think young again). Heart was awesome! I would love to see them again.

During this time, someone started bouncing a large balloon on the front section. IMO, it was distracting the show and I was worried it might hit one of the band members. People in the front rows were trying to hit the balloon towards the back but some kept hitting it towards the front. The balloon ended up on stage and the bass guitarist attempted to push it back to the audience but was unsuccessful. Ann bumped the balloon with her left hip and looked a little annoyed. Rightfully so! That balloon was so distracting !!! I am glad the stage crew took it away.

Here we go . . . . The Revelation CD logo showed up at the large screen at 9:05 pm. Stage crew was preparing everything. I was getting worried about how small the stage was when Cheap Trick was performing. I thought, “How can Arnel do his acrobatics with such limited space?” What a relief ! The crew made a lot more room for the boys and for Arnel. I was telling my parents and my cousin the sequence of events for this concert. They asked, “how come you know so much about this concert?” Of course, I got it all from the Journey forums and from the different reviews (Thank you guys for all your reviews. It gave me an idea of what happens during their concert). They thought I was a Journey “expert.” Well, what can I say, I got the Journeylitis and Arnelitis.

They showed the band on the big screen coming out of the dressing room to the hallway towards the stage entrance @ 9:18 pm. I got so much excitement building up inside of me when all of a sudden I felt like I just wanted to freeze time right at that moment. I did not want the concert to begin coz this will mean an end to it all sometime tonight and I do not want that to happen. And then, the clock started ticking again and Neil started playing his guitar. I was like “The boys are really here! I am here!” I started screaming and giving my mom and cousin the thumbs up. They started with NWA, love that song! I can’t believe I am listening to them sing their greatest hits and their new songs. They even sang the song “Dead or Alive,” “Escape,” and “How did I lose your love?” one of my favorites (amongst the other song they sang last night). Thank you SMLTWNGRL for the set list. I did not get the chance to write them down, having so much fun singing and dancing. People on section 102 in front of us were sitting most of the time but there are a few who were standing and dancing. Sometimes, I wish I was on section 103 (to our left) they were really ROCKIN’ with the boys – clapping, waving, dancing and singing, they were really enjoying themselves. Thankfully, the people behind us did not complain coz my cousin and I stood the whole time. And thankfully, people in front of us sat most of the time . . . all the more for us to see the whole band! Arnel saw us several times and was smiling and pointing at the four of us. I was hysterical, screaming, going crazy !! I think we were the only Filipinos going MAD on section 102 (did I say DEAD CENTER?). Jonathan, of course, looked tall and handsome while playing his guitar. He was all smiles while he played his guitar (compared to his piano). I am sure it was more exciting for him being in the front with the rest of the band than behind the piano. Even so, he is so talented and the music he and Neil composed really hits home for most of us. Ross, what can I say, love, love, love your facial expressions! This was exactly what I was waiting for when we got to our seats @ 7 pm, we were so closed to the stage that I can actually see Ross’ animated and wonderful face during the concert. Boy, he was so funny and so entertaining. I tried to isolate his bass playing from the rest of the voices and the instruments . . . Ross, you really play that guitar with such ease and greatness. You’re an awesome bass guitarist, the BEST EVER! Deen, Deen . . . I tried to dance to your drum beats but I think I lost, can’t keep up with you. Deen, you are really the BEST drummer! I sometimes think you were dancing with your drums, moving your hands and arms back and forth in synch with your head; it sure looks like you were dancing. How do you do that?! My favorite of all time is your rendition of Mother, Father (miss this, how about singing this in Hershey or Pechanga?) and your drum beats at the end of CFTB. Neil, there are so much to thank you for. I thank you for finding Arnel and believing in his talent. It is one of the greatest stories I will tell my children when they grow up. You look so happy up there and saw you smiling all the time. Guess what, your fans are HAPPY and we are HAPPY that you guys are HAPPY and having fun. We are happy that you guys are finally doing what you guys have always wanted to do – making great music, going on a tour, performing to your fans, enjoying yourselves, and continuing the Journey legacy. You are truly a GUITAR god! Arnel was a pleasure to watch. He was all over the place that I finally gave up taking pictures of him. There are other Journey fans that can do this better than I do (BTW, thank you all for all your wonderful photos of the band). Arnel has changed tremendously from what I saw from the Revelation DVD concert. He is more confident and a better performer. He knows how to play the audience (though at times, some were killjoys) and he is so charismatic, especially when he shows off those pearly whites. Arnel, I don’t need to repeat what other says about your vocal talent coz you made all of us Filipinos proud of your accomplishments and we believe in you 110%. I pray that you preserve that wonderful voice of yours for many, many years and that you stay healthy and happy. I pray that success will stay with you ALWAYS.
Once again, that annoying ball was out again. It hit me twice when I was not paying attention to it. I was so focused on the band that I couldn’t care less about that ball. I was hoping someone would poke a hole on it or pop it. The ball disappeared halfway through the concert. One guy was trying to inflate it, to no avail couldn’t revive it. HAA! Thank you, Thank you to whoever popped or deflated it. I was once again getting worried that it might hit the boys and ruin their singing.

The greatest thing about this concert:
1)Treating my mom and dad to this concert (my 64 yr-old mom and my 74 yr-old dad) and seeing them dance and sing . . . priceless!
2)Watching the exceptionally, wonderfully, awesome Journey band
3)Watching the great, Arnel perform with the JB
4)Heart and Cheap Trick

The downfall:
1)That stupid ball!
2)The staff who asked me to turn off my camera.
3)A drunk guy, outside the SBC, singing, “Where are you Steve Perry?” He was annoying and was harrassing others with his singing. I say, he was drunk, crazy, and insane.

Thank you, JB for a wonderful night I will never forget. See you again at Hershey and Pechanga!!!
Back to top Go down
busilakbu

busilakbu

PostSubject: Re: 23rd! 08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ Review   23rd!   08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ  Review I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:55 am

Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
yuthfulgrace68
Revelation
Departure
Loc: New Jersey, USA

Well, what do I have to say that has never been said already. NOTHING. NADA. The Jboys ALWAYS (and I say it again ALWAYS, considering this is my 3rd time to see them) DELIVERS an OUTSTANDING, AWESOME, GREAT, FANTABULOUS performance. I dont know what to say anymore coz that's how great it was - it leaves you speechless, but

We arrived at Susquehanna at 6pm -surprised to see that there's not a lot of parked cars and people inside the venue , so it got me worried \:\( BUT.....by the time that Cheap Trick finished their set, I will guess that there are 50% in attendance. Then, after the First Ladies of Rock - Heart performed - it went up to 80% and growing. I told my friend - the people just came to see Journey and that's the truth

CHEAP TRICK- Since there are not a lot of people at this time. The energy is not there yet. I was seated at Section 201, and in this section they are not into the concert mood yet. I believed Cheap Trick sensed it too because they are really trying hard to get the crowd involved but...... performance wise, they did what they have to do. I was so happy to see Jon performed with them when they played Dream Police. What a camaraderie!

HEART - WOW!!! Ann and Nancy really rocked the house down. Ann's voice was just soaring high while Nancy's guitar playing, will give MEN guitar players a run for their money. Just makes me proud as a woman. Love, love - Wild Child, Straight On, These Dreams, Alone, Love Reign Over Me and Crazy On You.

Now, JOURNEY - the MAIN EVENT.
As usual, they showed the group huddle backstage. Though, it is a short clip, it's just great to see the guys - on what they do BEFORE the concert itself. They are just very happy together.

SHOUT OUT TO ARGUS - if there are plans to produce a DVD compilation of Revelation Tour, please ask the Journey management if they can include footages like this.

JOURNEY ROCKS!!! - from their first song - Never Walk Away to their encore - Any Way You Want It - JOURNEY PERFORMED WONDERFULLY AWESOME. The audience were loving every moment of it.

Neil - my Guitar Hero. Man, you just ripped those guitars. Oh, I love how you let your guitar do the singing for you.
Ross - you do your own special thing; your funny faces and how you teased Arnel every now and then. I love it.
Jon - great composer, great with the keyboard and now with the guitar and grooving with it too. I just loved the way you dance.
Deen - Master of the Drums. Man, I don't know how you do it, hitting the drums and singing at the same time. What energy!
Arnel - LOVE HIM TO DEATH. He is so powerful that he puts his audience at the palm of his hands. From my vantage point, he looks so small and yet his command of the stage is sooo GREAT. His voice, his moves, and everything Arnel does on stage was mesmerizing. His great energy transmits to the audience and in turn the audience transmits back their appreciation of his performance.

Before I end, they performed Where Did I Lose Your Love. Oh my gush, I can't believe it at first but yes they did, people I love the way it sounded live. Journey has another hit single after AATY. Though, I really prefer that they perform Turn The World Tonight, my No. 1 fave song from Revelation. But I will take whatever they offer.

Now the audience response - this is just my observation from where I'm at (Section 201) - I can't believe that there are mostly the young generation (70%) - but they are singing their hearts out and grooving to the music. The Oldies/Seniors (sorry, if I offended any one - only 30%) - contended to just sit and listen, which is all good by the way. Because sometimes the younger ones tend to be too excited and rowdy and I believe it is also due to, too much alcohol intake \Very Happy

Side comments that I've heard:
-Oh, I did'nt know that Journey hired a new guy. But he sounds good.
-The beat and the sound didn't change a bit

Though, this will be my last Journey concert this year, I am looking forward to next year and beyond - BELIEVIN' THAT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS JOURNEY WILL STILL ROCK MY WORLD!!!

Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Saw the show last night with my husband, son and his friend. It was awesome. Made me feel young again!! Rock ON Heart and Journey. Ann and Nancy were fantastic! Arnel was just great, great, great! If that energy could only be bottled! Thanks Journey for the music and the joy!!

#177491 - 28/08/08 09:05 AM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Revenge Of Journey!!! The Big Apple may never sleep, but on August 26th, the state of New Jersey didn't sleep either!!! With a vengence that I have never seen the likes of, this band took the stage and showed why they are selling out concerts again, like back in the 80's. Arnel Pineda can take on Steve Perry with no problem and has an energy Perry could not dream of. Neal Schon showed why he is a world class player and the rest of the band was just as great. Great sound system--I kinow that there were some complaints at one or two of the shows,but certainly none last night. Great set list, featuring four of the new tracks and as far as I am concerned, they could play even two or three more songs off the new one(at the expense of two or three classics), and this Journey fan would have no problem with it. I know it is not going to happen, but still-these will be the new classics of tomorrow. But only if they play them!!!!!!! This is a new, stronger Journey, not afraid to take a few chances and rock out like they should. Thanks for a great night

#177531 - 28/08/08 10:45 AM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

To Anonymous 177067 .... I can't help buy admire you for what you just wrote. You were very open minded going to the concert ... about your new theme song .... I think I read somewhere ..... Jon said he wrote "Change for the Better" with Deen in mind, who was also going through a personal low. Jon said his music is inspired by everyday life. It just goes to show we all have our own them songs from Journey's music, past and present. Goodluck with your own journey!

#177758 - 28/08/08 12:47 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
To Be Alive
ShelbyMustang\Saphir in SL
Look Into The Future
Loc: NW Arkansas

I got the chance to go to the show last night in Camden while I was in NJ for business meetings, and boy, was it a great night! It was sunny and not too hot. People were laid back at first, kind of kicked back and enjoying the night, but excitement began to build as the arena filled up.

Cheap Trick was a lot of fun; they played and sang really well and interacted with the crowd. It was a great surprise to see Jonathan Cain come out and play keyboards with them on their last song. He seemed to get a kick out of playing with them, and they were having a great time with it, too.

Heart - wow! Anne's voice sounds incredible, and what a classy lady. Nancy played the guitar with energy and her voice blended with Anne's so well. You could tell that their band enjoys what they're doing and that they're all good musicians, especially the keyboardist, who opened the set with a cool solo piece.

Then Journey - by this time the arena is full, Back in Black comes on the speakers, and yep - there's the huddle, onscreen. All the guys are teasing and joking with the camera, getting the audience pumped up and on their feet. It is so awesome to see them backstage like that for a minute before the show starts.

The show itself was awesome, with one great song after another. It was a good mix of rockers and ballads, classics and new songs. Everybody was on the mark, playing like wildfire and with big smiles on their faces. It was over all too soon and a few times during the show I had to stop singing along and just take a minute to let it soak in and appreciate the experience.

I'm so glad that Neal found Arnel. He has a beautiful voice and his story and humility are inspiring. He's a good addition to a group of 4 other very talented musicians. I'm also grateful that this group of guys is out there night after night giving it their all so that after 30+ years, we can go and see shows and enjoy the music. Rock on, Journey!

#178030 - 29/08/08 12:08 AM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: To Be Alive]
lavander0608
Journey
Hi Everybody!!!

I'm back again for my second review but no... it's not the same venue..and I must say there was a huge difference. Sorry Jones Beach...your sound was profoundly distorted! I had to go see the JB again and this time I was'nt disappointed at all!! Did I say I HAD A BLAST?? YYYEEESSSS!!! OMG!!! HOLYYYYY SSHHIIT!!!( Ryan Coyle..I borrowed it too!)
I left the house @ 11am to pick up my sister & 2 friends. ( no hubbies or sons this time...this is my day & I intend to enjoy it to the fullest.) I was the designated driver this time..first time I did it & did it courageously... about 3 hours drive from my place & got to the venue by 4 pm. We thought we were early..a lot of people already on the parking lot...barbecuing, drinking,& playing REVELATION CD full blast.We walked around the area, hoping that Arnel ( in my wildest dream ) would somehow thinks he needs a long walk & maybe...just maybe... I would bump into him...& one thing would lead to another!!! ( I mean he would end up signing my CD & a couple of pictures w/ him!! WHAT were you thinking??) Anyways, we tried to upgrade our seats but to no avail...the guy from Livenation said they don't allow it. The gates opened @ 6 pm exactly , the lines flowed smoothly since there were multiple entrances. I bought 2 Revelation Tshirts for my sister & friend & they changed shirts immediately before we went to find our seats. To my surprise, our seats were nearer to the stage this time compared to Jones Beach...my excitement was building fast this time but I tried to hold it. The venue was half full...the weather was great..thank GOD!! so I did not worry a bit. PERFECT!!

CT- the sound was louder, they played better...a lot of picks they gave away...finished in 45 min.

HEART- OH! BOY! did they rocked hard this time? DEFINITELY! From start to end...appreciated their songs much better esp. Nancy's These Dreams..Wow! Also Ann's ALONE, Magic Man, Barracuda,etc. A lot of Heart fans behind us & we rocked w/ them..ended @ 9 pm.

JOURNEY- while waiting I looked around & saw that the place was approx. 95% full...lawn area was full packed. We were seated @ 201 section...met some Pinoys .. & Oh! I saw a lot of people wearing black REVELATION tshirt w/ the Jboys picture on it..the same one I'm wearing...are we ready to ROCK or what? This time I felt like going to the BR but held it..I don't wanna miss a thing! The LOGO came out of the screen, people roared, followed by the Jboys huddling, Dean & Arnel were making faces on the screen as they were coming out..then the lights went out & I SSCCCRRREEEAAAMMMEED!!!! higher than ARNEL's tenor.( I didn't know I could do that...must be the Adrenaline rushing out of my system...)Setlist was the same w/ Jones Beach except they played Where did I lose your love? which was well received by the crowd.We danced,cheered,sang,screamed..WENT BALLISTIC!! from beginning to the end...the sound,performance,audio,video,weather
& most of all the CROWD's participation were perfectly AWESOME & FANTABULOUS!! I was in EUPHORIA I didn't want it to end & wait I thought I was gonna faint & have a heart attack right that moment
..prayed to GOD He can give me my number once the show is done..
I took it back ...designated driver..remember? besides I still have another sister & a friend who wants to see the show too! I am loaded with reasons I'm telling you & I thank GOD HE did not listen to me...& thank GOD again for the chance to see JOURNEY the second time around. My throat, hands & feet were sore at the end but felt it was all worth it!! WE ROCKED SBC CAMDEN!!!!!!!!!

JON- you are one genius talented musician..I like it that you frequently smile now..before you were a serious-business-only- type of person..you're handsome! my friend has a crush on you, she also just "turned 15" like me when Arnel joined you.

DEEN- you are a pro on those drums & BOY can you really pound them & sing & dance at the same time?

ROSS- your facial antics are unbelievable, they are a crowd teaser/pleaser!!

NEAL- I agree with one of the posters here...you don't play the guitar..you MAKE LOVE to it!! Oh! BOY!!

ARNEL- My Arnel..I don't know how to describe my feelings for you
I'll just simply call it...HALLUCINATION...for now!
I knew you were sick at Jones Beach so I forgave you..but no it wasn't your fault..it was the weather!! and yet you gave it all..
I salute YOU/Journey for that. Your performances are amazing & unique each time..always something to look forward to. When I run out of friends & sisters to go with on your concert, maybe I'll just be a " groupie" so I can go wherever JOURNEY goes..or maybe hire me ( for free) to be your nurse...in my WILDEST DREAMS! Maybe I'll see you again this year or next years to come. I LOVE YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY EUHORIC HEART!!!
I got home at 3am all by myself now, exhausted but ecstatically on cloud nine.

Lavander NY

#178874 - 29/08/08 07:43 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
kathy b
Unregistered

First, for all you people that are reading this and did not go see JOURNEY/Heart/Cheap Trick - do be a fool - go GET your tickets.. That had to be the most AMAZING concert I have ever seen! I think you sounded better than ever & I could see the enthusiasm and excitment on your faces to be up there rockin' with your fans again! Arnel welcome with my Open Arms - you did (and I know will continue to) did an EXCELLENT performance. Your voice was right on & I am excited to be a JOURNEY fan for 26 years (I was in grade school when my sister showed me a video on MTV and I was hooked ever since - no lie). I have been to MANY MANY Journey concerts - I love Steve Perry but Arnel you bonded with the group great. I love you guys - Keep Believin' and DO NOT stay away to long.... you know you guys are wonderful - look at ALL THE SOLD OUT SHOWS.
I love you!!!!!!!!! Faithfully, Kathy from PA (#1 fan)
Back to top Go down
busilakbu

busilakbu

PostSubject: Re: 23rd! 08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ Review   23rd!   08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ  Review I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:55 am

#180280 - Yesterday at 11:33 PM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Argus]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Argus and Journey Fans,

Thank u Jesus, my husband & I didn't get lost in Camden by night. Local drivers were just too happy to point us to the venue. We live 8 m away but only JOURNEY cud made us go there AFTER 7! We got there early and checked out the venue. We pd a hefty sum for our tickets only to find DUCKS perched by the lawn -for free!
I enjoyed Cheap Trick when they sang The Flame and Heart with an awesome rendition of Alone--both songs sang by Arnel Pineda with his former band Zoo. Knowing they had songs that sounded familiar armed me with what to expect fr these 2 bands. The place was half-filled by then.
By 9:45 pm the place was jam-packed and a lot of whistling egging Journey to start their gig. Obviously, Arnel is the youngest of the pack, clowning around making faces upon entering the stage. The audience got a kick out of it. Then really went wild with their opener, Never Walk Awsy.I expected Jon and Neal's duet with their harmonica and banjo (so it seems) and they didn't disappoint. Roe v. Wade didn't seem to have a chance--People stood up as if it's the Star-Spangled Banner to Faithfully--couples locked arms, held hands and hugged--the lights were down low and just sooo romantic! WHAT A GREAT MOMENT! I just had to savour every song they played as if being personally serenaded for one night!
Ross, Deen, Jon and Neal were all exemplary in their instrument playing--high caliber instruments to boot= Deen's GOLDEN DRUMS! The lights and sounds were awesome --they had a good crew, kudos to the band. Arnel spun like a top on Wheel in the Sky, what beautiful mane! I'm envious LOL! The band was great and Neal and Jon's banjo and harmonica duet fabulous but Arnel stole the show! His leaps and jumps were just awesome, such a consummate performer, a real showman and entertainer. My eyes were all on him! He's a fireball! For Lights, they showed onstage a view of the Golden Gate Bridge. The audience welcomed Open Arms. In the end, Arnel thanked the Phil. people in their language---so sweet!

Wish they'd get back here in South Jersey soon, We'll be waiting. Who's Crying Now? Us, We miss Journey already! Pls come back soon!

#180437 - Today at 05:23 AM Re: 8/26/2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ [Re: Anonymous]
cherirose
Infinity

I know this is a little too late. I have already written something about this great concert but I think it was a little bit too long. Anyhow, here is the link for my review blog.

I enjoyed writing this blog cause it kinda chronicled the life and travails of a journey fan which I'm sure is shared by a lot of us. I hope you enjoy.

I have also included some pictures of Cheap Trick, Heart and of course our Journey. I still have a lot of pictures but I need to find where to post them. I believe there are certain size recommendations/requirements for posting pictures.

Here is the link:

http://arnelpineda.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2179031%3ATopic%3A34899
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 23rd! 08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ Review   23rd!   08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ  Review I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:23 am

BUS! THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://modceleste.com/Dz.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 23rd! 08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ Review   23rd!   08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ  Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

23rd! 08/26/08 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ Review
Page 1 of 1