Deliforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deligirls delichicks delizombies forum and news about Journey the all american band and frontman Arnel Pineda

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

9/21- Ampitheatre Clark COunty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

9/21- Ampitheatre Clark COunty Empty
PostSubject: 9/21- Ampitheatre Clark COunty   9/21- Ampitheatre Clark COunty I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:41 pm

I was very pleased with this concert. I danced the whole night hehe. Journey and Heart were both amazing.Arnel really delivered.I heard people behind me saying Arnel is better than SP. I had a blast. Deen you are a monster on those drums you never cease to amaze me. Jon looked awesome tonight as usual ;)Neal rocked that guitar like he always does.Heart blown me away..they are truly the queens of rock n roll!!Cheap trick was ok..had a few issues with the sound system..it sounded kinda muffled during a few songs...overall it was a memorable experience for me..I will come see them again next year

"Confucious say he who stands on toilet is high on pot"

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify

#195304 - 09/22/08 04:18 AM Portland, OR Set List and review
Gary C. Gary C.
Roadie
Infinity

Loc: Springfield, Oregon Awesome show!! Cheap Trick was tight, and Jon and Deen came out & played The Flame, and Dream Police with them. Heart was seriously tight and loud.
Set List:
Intro
Never Walk Away
Only The Young
Stone In Love
Ask The Lonely
After The Fall
After All These Years
***When You Love A Woman***
Change For The Better
Separate Ways
La Do Da Do Day
Lights
Jonathan Solo
Open Arms
Don't Stop Believin
Faithfully
Faith In The Heartland
Escape
Wheel In The Sky
Anyway You Want It
Lovin Touchin Squeezin

When You Love A Woman was seriously tight, and Arnel was on tonight!! I got the 5 Star ILAA pass, and got a front row seat dead center, won a drum head signed by the band, a drum stick from Deen, a pick from Neal and Ross, a set list from a roadie, a dozen picks from Rick Neilsen, a backstage laminate, a gift bag with a water bottle, and a beach towel, and a signed 8X10 pic of the band. Pretty good deal for the price!!! Cant wait till next year!

#195347 - 09/22/08 07:52 AM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Zakar]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

ANY VIDEO OF THE CONCERT?
Thanks,

#195398 - 09/22/08 10:24 AM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Argus]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Journey has not skipped a beat! Deen Casronovo did a brilliant job on drums (very similar style to Steve Smith). Neal Schon played a soulful guitar solo. Jonathan Cain played an excellent piano solo. And yes, Arnel you nailed it with the vocals! High energy performance from Arnel (the entire show) could have been subdued at times while performing some of the slower classics.

We were not pleased with the sound quality of the band. Either the Sound Engineer took the night off or they need to junk the equipment. It is amazing how you can take EXCEPTIONAL individual performances by ALL the band members and create a "mediocre" performance with poor sound quality. It was as if all the inputs from the various components - vocals, bass, drums, keyboards, guitar, etc. were cranked up to the same levels and left - there was not any coordinated tuning. Even the solos were overpowered by "noise". Not what we would expect this far into the tour, nor from a "AAA" band such as Journey.

The lighting was very basic and did not flow with the song choice. Correct the sound quality and fine tune the lighting to create the appropriate mood and the performance would be "Exceptional"

All in all the "Revelation" members can look forward to many years of incredible success. Great Job Guys!

#195405 - 09/22/08 10:54 AM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

If you were lucky enough to be included in the meet and greet, where would you find the pictures that their photograher took?

The show was GREAT! The Amphitheatre has awsome acoustics!

#195413 - 09/22/08 11:10 AM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

The concert was awesome, but some jerk stole my 17-year-old son's Journey T-Shirt he bought when his hard earned money.

wow the greatest show ever had a great time can't wait till next time

#195497 - 09/22/08 01:42 PM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

I would echo the comments on the sound. Heart sounded awesome; crisp and clear with good balance of vocals and instruments. Ann Wilson's voice is incredible! From the start, I thought the sound from Journey was bad. When Arnel hit his notes, it was sharp and hard very on the ears.

#195498 - 09/22/08 01:51 PM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

I was at the show last night, and it was INCREDIBLE! I went to see Heart (and they delivered, as always). But Journey blew me away! I knew nothing about the lead singer, but he was fun, energetic and got that crowd pumped up!! My fav part was when the entire audience was singing along with Lights. I will go see them again for sure. It was great hearing all the rock and roll tunes I grew up with - from all three bands.

Geri R.
Vancouver, WA

#195620 - 09/22/08 06:42 PM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Anonymous]
Waiting Waiting
Journey

Loc: Portland, OR Amazing show, and Heart was also a huge treat.

#195679 - 09/22/08 07:51 PM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Waiting]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

My daugther and I were at the concert last night. I could not wait to see Journey perform. I think the sound system either at the Amphithear is bad, or Journey need new people to fix their sound system. I thought the music was great, but the speakers were distorted somehow. When Heart performed, the sound was great. Anne Wilson voice is just amazing. I would have liked to hear Arnel's voice with better sound system than the distorted sound coming out of the speakers. Maybe the music was just too loud. (just an opinion but I still love Journey no matter what)

#195688 - 09/22/08 07:59 PM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

I was really impressed with the show last night. I saw Journey in the 80's when SP was still part of the band. I've been was hesitant to go see them without SP. I won't ever hesitate again...they were amazing!!!! Great show!!

#195706 - 09/22/08 08:31 PM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Anonymous]
thump444 thump444
Journey

Posts: 5 Last Night's Concert was great. Cheap Trick did a god job warming up the crowd. Rick Nielson was great, especially with his 5 neck guitar. It was cool to see Jon with them for The Flame, and Deen joining in on Dream Police.

Heart was absolutely great! Ann Wilson still had some absolutely great pipes! Nancy had tremendous energy with the guitar! It was great to see this band very much alive and well. I hope to see them back here very soon.

And then Journey...This was my fourth time seeing them since 2001, and this by far was the best show yet. Arnel had so much charisma and energy throughout the show it was unreal!(I think he was jumping off the bus after the show!) All of the guys were spot on with the songs, although I noticed most of them were up temo a few spots, trying to fit everything in before 11pm. It was a real treat to hear them play When You Love A Woman. Totally unexpected, and very impressive!

Thank you all of the bands for a wonderful evening! Journey- I can't wait till we see you again at the Amp!

#195761 - 09/22/08 10:16 PM Re: 9/21/2008 Clark County Amphitheatre Portland, OR [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with complaints about the sound, After spending five bills to sit in the 100 level I was expecting a first rate sound system. The light show was OK and the energy great. Please someone from journey
Back to top Go down
http://modceleste.com/Dz.html

9/21- Ampitheatre Clark COunty
Page 1 of 1