Deliforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deligirls delichicks delizombies forum and news about Journey the all american band and frontman Arnel Pineda

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC Empty
PostSubject: 15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC   15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Post your review only if you actually attended the concert.. or postreviews from any websites (mainly Journeymusic.com) , not to forget mentioning the source in your credits!

Thanks!

afro
Back to top Go down
http://modceleste.com/Dz.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC   15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 3:23 am

Reviews 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC

Capacity 19,436

Please add your review of the show you attended by replying to the topic that has the date in the Topic Header in the Review Section of these Forums. All reviews are subject to approval.

All translations Welcomed too

Edited by Argus (08/02/08 10:04 AM)

~*~ Please behave before I have to slap you naked and hide your clothes! ~*~

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify

#149215 - 08/02/08 10:04 AM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Argus]
Argus Argus
Admin and Avatar
Frontiers

Loc: NanoGunk Village, Second LifeŽ upwards

~*~ Please behave before I have to slap you naked and hide your clothes! ~*~

#149778 - 08/02/08 11:12 PM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Argus]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Just finished watching it tonight. What a crowd! Everyone is crazy about the new lead singer! They loved him. We came all the way from West Virginia just to watch it. We liked it so much. Worth a drive. No regrets. Highly recommended to all ages! We might watch Cincinatti OH's Journey concert!

#149791 - 08/02/08 11:48 PM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree - the crowd was on their feet through the whole show. Wish it would have lasted longer and I was hoping to hear Deen sing. Other than that - what an awesome show!! This was my 7th or 8th Journey Concert and I have never been disapointed. And let me just say that Jonathan Cain is still so HOT!!!!! Thanks to Journey for another fantastic show!!!!

#149801 - 08/03/08 12:16 AM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Wonderful concert! It felt like I went back 25 years. Arnel did an unbelievable job. Everyone was rockin'.

#149823 - 08/03/08 12:48 AM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

what a great concert! we enjoyed it so much! well organized .. and the crowd??.. wow!fantastic!! heart did a great job too! and arnel was just sooo amazing! you rock arnel! good job journey!

#149850 - 08/03/08 01:04 AM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Man, as good as our boys were I have to say I was most blown away by Heart. They were absolutely amazing. How in the hell can that woman still sing like that when she is pushing 60???

Awesome crowd tonight, Arnel and the boys were great. But I just can't get that Who song "Reign over me" out of my head.

#149852 - 08/03/08 01:07 AM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got back from the show in Charlotte. Was the an absolutely amazing show. Highlight of my summer.

#149866 - 08/03/08 01:26 AM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

Bravo Mr. Pineda... Bravo!

I would close my eyes and hear Journey's voice from the past but I would open them and SEE the Journey of the future!

Best wishes to you as you begin your long career with Journey.

#149916 - 08/03/08 02:13 AM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Anonymous]
jummon jummon
Shamu Bilog
Next

Loc: manila/greenville SC US Just got back from the concert, it was a a blast, from Cheap tricks to Heart and of course Journey... i'll post a much longer sort of "review" and try to post some pics and vids... got to reat now

Words cannot express how unbelievable Journey performed tonight in Charlotte! They were true to the amazing legend that is the heart and soul of Journey. Arnel Pineda is too brilliant to even describe in words. His talent, enthusiasm and passion is so vivid and glorious- I was moved to tears on a number of occasions. The new songs are "classic" Journey and will absolutely leave you with goosebumps! I am grateful to each one of these BRILLIANT performers for filling my heart with more inspiration than I have felt or experienced in a long time. The music is beautiful---

#149935 - 08/03/08 02:38 AM Re: 8/2/2008 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous Anonymous
Unregistered

First, let me say I've been watching Arnel sing since the late '80s in the Philippines so I'm biased. We sat 9th row, center and had a "Cal Jam" sign for Arnel. Thanks for noticing (and you, too, Jonathan).

Cheap Trick was... Cheap Trick. What you know, they did really, really well. What you don't know was kind of ok but they didn't blow me away. There were a couple of real good rockers, though, that got everyone on their feet.

Heart was simply amazing. Ann Wilson is just incredible. Her cover of The Who (Reign over Me) was just awe inspiring. I'm running out of adjectives that express just how good Heart was tonight. The crowd was on their feet throughout, the cheering, whistling and clapping deafening. Of all the concerts I've attended, this was without a doubt the best band I have heard. I realize this is a Journey forum and I went to the concert to watch Journey but, after watching Heart, my wife and I agreed that Journey had better be on their game tonight if they wanted to be the best band on the stage.

Journey rocked. Nobody sat throughout, everybody felt the energy and it was just unbelievable hearing 18000 fans singing along with every single song. Virtuoso - Neil, Russ, Jon and Deen all fit that category. Neils' hands move quicker than your eyes can follow. I don't know how that can be, but it is and he was a pure pleasure to behold. Deen was on the side of the stage, watching both Cheap Trick and Heart and I think that just warmed him up because he was his usual unequaled self, both on the drums and on his back up vocals. Jon's piano solo/intro changes every time you see it and it just keeps getting better. Ross' ability to just plain have fun and to show it throughout the concert is always fun for us to watch. Thanks.

Arnel. As a young man in the Philippines, his voice was more pure, ala Freddie Mercury. Now, he's got a rougher, earthier tone that fits in most excellently with Journey. He was all over the stage, singing, dancing, twirling, jumping and just plain entertaining. Although I didn't expect to have to write this, he was the second best vocalist onstage tonight. Ann Wilson was just plain on her game. He was, though, the best MALE lead singer I've seen and energized the senior members of Journey. They aren't just standing around like they did when they had a couple of other lead singers. Neil even RAN from one side of the stage to the other, and I don't remember him doing that, even in the Perry heydays. These guys are, like the NY Times said, like Journey on steroids. They rocked the house down. I don't belive there was anyone disappointed with the effort tonight. I'm only hoping they come a bit closer to Charleston, SC next year as the 3 hour trip there/back is a bit tiring. But it was worth it. Great, great evening of pure rock. Thanks Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick for an evening of pure enjoyment.

DGALS! TAKE NOTE! MAY "CALJAM SIGN NA!" afro

afro
Back to top Go down
http://modceleste.com/Dz.html
luna

luna

PostSubject: Re: 15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC   15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:14 pm

Journey took the stage with an opening song from the new CD Revelation - Never Walk Away. As somebody who has actually purchased and listened to the entire CD, I recognized the song right away as it is one of my favorites. Many around me, however, were somewhat complacent as they were obviously there for the old stuff (and probably not even aware there is a new CD!). Yet, you could see that they were nonetheless impressed by the great sound of the new song. The night was then consumed mostly by the classics and the crowd was on their feet thoroughly enjoying the night. Arnel was beyond question accepted as the new torch-bearer for Journey (despite one minor slip-up on the second song of the night - Separate Ways?). Two other favorites of mine from the new album - After All These Years and Change For The Better (fitting!) - were dropped in between classics and were VERY well received. However, one song was played that was neither on the new album or, so far as I recall, a classic. I didn't even get the name/title/chorus. Strange. I would have preferred they played "Heartland" instead. But nonetheless, a GREAT performance by the new Journey! Ross Valory was spot-on with his bass tracks, Neal Schon was as awesome as ever on lead guitar, Jonathan Cain was in his element quickly swapping between keyboards and rhythm guitar (and even throwing down a little harmonica w/Neal on acoustic), and the top-shelf drumming skills of Deen Castronovo were everything I was hoping for. Journey capped off one fantastic evening of live musical entertainment in Charlotte!

http://erazorhead.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!16E3A4FDAE64AE0E!778.entry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC   15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

15th : 08/02/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte, NC
Page 1 of 1